TheGeekery

The Usual Tech Ramblings

Code Escape...

As some might have noticed, a few of my recent posts have had weird extra slashes in them (here, and here). I attribute this to my recent upgrade on WP from 2.1 to 2.2, and the autoescape. I’ve managed to reproduce the issue in my development environment, so I’m working on a bug fix for it. As it stands now, if you see a slash in front of a ‘ or a \ or a “, then ignore it (if you plan on copying the code that is).

Update…

I figured out the cause was actually the markdown plugin. Not sure if it was that plugin in specific, or if it was the upgrades to WPs filtering that might have caused it. On lines 88, and 89 in wp-content/plugins/markdown.php it shows the following:

1
2
remove_filter('content_save_pre','balanceTags',50);
remove_filter('excerpt_save_pre','balanceTags',50);

I simply removed the ,50 off the function call, and it started working.

Comments